Friday, November 18

 

Welcome Back Me

This was my first time working at a school that I had gone to as a kid. Pretty surreal. Sharing lunch in the teacher's lounge with my old history teacher. Working next door to the guy who organized these wicked pick-up hockey games after school. Taking a leak next to my 7th grade science teacher (Why no third urinal? They could at least install some kind of a buffer urinal between two working urinals).
The school had a surprisingly low amount of turnover over the years. There were plenty of great reunions, but the best had to be with my old English teachers. When I told them about my majoring in English and all, well the look on their faces was worth the promise of a life trapped in a lower earning bracket.
Oh yeah, the teaching was great and all.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?